It is a very vast artform which involves multiple techniques that are used to make candles of different styles and waxes.
A candle can transform any space and fortunately, they display a myriad of styles a few of which include pillar candles, scented candles and many more! A change in container can mean a change in the style of candle making thereby producing a different kind style each time.
- Make gel wax candles
- Understand the fundamental techniques to create candles in containers
- Get insight into the different kinds of containers that can be used
- Beginner friendly workshop. No prior experience in candle making required.
- For age groups 10 and above.
- If the mysticism of candles intrigues you, sign up!
- Gel Wax
- Candle aroma
- Christmas embellishments (Assorted)
- Colored sand
- Wine glass
Other materials required:
- Burner or Induction for heating
- Two metal bowls (one small and one big) *
- Clamp to hold the metal bowl
- Metal spoon or ice cream stick or a pen to hold wick in place
*For safety reasons, please make sure to not use these metal bowls for any other use.
During the workshop, a gas burner or induction will be required. If you are using an induction, then you can setup your workspace on a table with a plug point nearby. If you are using a gas burner then any normal flat surface is enough. You can set up your workspace on ground as well. Please keep all your materials ready with you, prior to the session.
“This is a great workshop for beginners, the artist was able to explain the entire process of candle making in detail and yet with ease. Learnt a great deal about different types of waxes, wicks, etc, and how to make candles at home. Materials were delivered to me by Zwende and that helped a lot! I would definitely recommend others to try this workshop, especially if you're just getting started with candle making.”Kanika Guleria
“I have always been interested in candle making and this was a perfect opportunity since Zwende provided the materials as well! I was really impressed by the artist, we were taught about different pouring techniques for the wax, got to know about different types of wax, which ones are important and which ones to be used for which types of candles. Zwende was able to conduct everything smoothly, it was a great experience!”Nevenka Mohonot