The word découpage comes from the French verb découper i.e. ’to cut out'. Découpage is an art of decorating an object by cutting out papers, pictures, tissues etc and gluing them to an object and then sealing them with layers of varnish. Various painting techniques and painting mediums can be used to further enhance the look of the object. The finished item looks so beautiful that the result looks like a painting or inlay work.
- MDF Box - Craftslane, Craftshop.
- Decoupage Paper - Itsy Bitsy, Craftslane, Craftshop. (Please match the size of the surface and paper)
- Mod Podge Matte Mat - Craftslane, Craftshop.
- One Step Crackle medium by Itsy Bitsy or white candle
- Acrylic paints
- Brushes, palette, rag & water bowl.
- Pencil, scale & scissors.
She is a Chartered Accountant by qualification and a self-taught artist. For her, painting is a way of breaking the norms, and explore various mediums in art, meet people with different ideologies and moreover discover herself in the process. Conducting different art workshops, exhibiting her work, and unconditional support from family and friends has given her the motivation to pursue her passion.